The generated disk is not Sedoric compatable but provides its own multi-boot system and will contain a suite of disk access routines. All of these fit in just 2 sectors (1024 Bytes) thanks to Fabrice France's wonderful fantasmagoric boot sector routine.
Disk file sizes are limited to multiples of 512 (The size of each sector) and the load address must always be page alligned (XX00).
On startup, select File/New project to create a new project file and begin compiling a new disk.
- + Adds files to the compilation
The first file in the list should have a start address (Use a .tap) or it will default to $400 and also execute from this address (passing control to it from the boot routine).
- - Removes the file that the cursor in the list is over
- The up and down buttons moves the selected file up and down through the list
- The Ring Arrow is the refresh button and will rescan all files for size and existance
- The Disk button will create and compile the disk.
- Options/Scripts provide a way to execute .bat files before and after the build process.
- Reports are also available in the Tools menu
Code: Select all
On bootup, memory $FE00-FFF9 holds the FAT and a load routine (ROM and EPROM disabled) which may be called as follows..
Load A with the High byte Load Address, X with the File Index number (Left most column in DSKBuilder) then JSR $FE00 to load the selected file.
Interrupts will be disabled on return but are not used during the load process.
No Manual provided yet, but it will come in due time.
The generated disk has only been tested on euphoric microdisc, so if others could test against real thing, that could be great.
I've probably missed out alot of info, but feedback is welcome
You can download DSKBuilder here:
http://www.defence-force.org/ftp/forum/ ... uilder.zip
The files provided in the zip must be unzipped to the OSDK/BIN folder. (DSKBuilder will only work in OSDK since it relies on some utilities (RAW2MFM) provided by this package.)