Transferring Array files from tape to PC.

Anything related to the tools Tap2Wav, Tap2CD, Tap2Dsk, Sedoric Disc Manager, Tape Header Creator, WriteDsk, and generaly speaking tools related to the management of Oric data files and devices.
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Re: Transferring Array files from tape to PC.

Post by coco.oric »

I'm really happy to discover this simulation.
Fine transfer :D
coco.oric as DidierV, CEO Member
Historic owner of Oric, Apple II, Atari ST, Amiga
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Godzil wrote:There is no synchro for data stored on tape? o_O
I thought, reading this thread, that STORE and RECALL used non-standard synchro and / or start byte or whatever, but apparently, it's all very standard.
So unless I'm wrong, it's more likely that David had a problem with converting the WAV file, but not loading it on real Oric (this happens).

Problem with your method David, is that if there has been any loading error, on the real Oric, you won't notice ;)
So if you feel like a perfectionnist and want me to double check, I'm still willing to take a look at the WAV file - convert or not, I have my own tools :p
dave3622
Flying Officer

Post by dave3622 »

The main game files transfered just fine but converting the array 'WAVS' resulted in files that had zero bytes. I also tried using a piece of Oric software called 'Private Copy' but this also wouldn't read the array files. I'm sure they are error free, the Data sounded clean and the Atmos didn't report any 'Errors Found'. I can upload a WAV if you like but I will need to re-sample it as I no longer have the original file.
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Sent you an email ;)