Real percussion sounds at low CPU cost

Probably the most technical forum around. It does not have to be coding related, or assembly code only. Just talk about how you can use the AY chip to do cool sounding things :)
Twilighte
Game master

Real percussion sounds at low CPU cost

Post by Twilighte »

I was scanning the Amstrad spec when i found this article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amstrad_CPC#Sound_tricks

The last paragraph on this could theoretically be done just the same on the Real Oric. Unfortunately it may be a difficult thing to produce realistcally on an Emulator and is certainly not currently supported.

Now back to relocating...
carlsson
Pilot Officer

Post by carlsson »

Isn't it risky to constantly switch the relay back and forth? I don't know exactly how a mechanical relay works, but I'd be wary about anything vintage mechanical part that might break.
Anders Carlsson
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

I actually destroyed an eprom flasher this way. :shock:

I was helping somebody to fix a hand made GFA Basic program which had a problem sometime communicating with the flasher, and I found out that it was a problem in a temporisation due to the problem of using a mechanical relay to separate the two electric circuits.

Got the stupid idea to run a test program which did tic toc tic toc tic toc, to see if it worked fine, after less than one hour the relay was doing grzizizizizizizizizizizi blocked between the two states, and never working again... :oops:
Twilighte
Game master

Post by Twilighte »

Well yes, i guess Dbug is right, However when i had a zillion Orics i should have tried it then. I wonder if i could make the relay socketable...

:P