Sonix 4.00 Tracker, ALL file are exportable ?

This forum is about audio tools, including samplers, sound trackers, sound chip editors, how to do sound effects, etc...
ephy
Private

Sonix 4.00 Tracker, ALL file are exportable ?

Post by ephy »

Dear community,

I'm a newbie in the ORIC scene. Few days ago, i begin to check the documentation of Sonix 4.00, and try some sounds...
Now, i want to :

- export an ALL file and play with my oric, someone know the procedure for doing that ? Does exists a source code of the player ?
- understand how works SED, and how integrate a sample into sonix...

Thanks,

Ephy.
Dbug
Site Admin

Re: Sonix 4.00 Tracker, ALL file are exportable ?

Post by Dbug »

I'm not sure about who actually know about using Twilighte's tools:
- I think Chema used WAVE to compose the music in 1337 (The conversion from 1492 by Vangelis)
- Symoon may know if the CEO mag has articles about how to use Sonix/Wave/Soundtracker/etc...

I myself never been past the "load a music and play it" step.
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

I think no sources of the player exist. Twiligthe once said you had to use a compiler to produce player+music and integrate it into your program.

In fact the closest thing is in the sources of Space:1999 as Twi made all the music and sfx with Sonix and I adapted the code to compile with OSKD.

Wave is different. There exists a player in source code and it is easy to use. However the last version does not support samples.

Edit: I found the reference in these forums here http://forum.defence-force.org/viewtopic.php?p=6493
ephy
Private

Post by ephy »

I tried Wave 1.00, but i got some freezing while using uricutron.. Someone experimented that ?

I saw in one link described in he previous post a wave 2.00 ... the file is available somewhere ?

Thanks
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

No, unfortunately Wave 2.0 was never released :( but I used prior versions and they worked with no issues in Oricutron.
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

I don't think Sonic 4 was a proper release. It is a variation on Sonix 3.5 which allowed use of samples. This led to Jonathan writing Soundtracker. Sountracker has a new version of Sonix to play the samples.

Sonic 3.5 version needed Tables.Mem and then Play.Mem loading then the ALL file. The listing then need CALL#5330 : POKE#97F7,0:to play the tune. (I have a listing with these the other way round !?) The Poke turns the channels on. The Call begins play.
I've also got a HIMEM#4E1F at the start with a REM saying always set this limit. I don't remember whether that was to do with the Sonic file or protecting something else.

Rhetoric disk 6 contains SMC - Sonic Music Compiler which turns a Sonix file into a smaller one that is executable. It works with Sonix3.x files but I don't recall ever trying Sonix 4 files. (The disk also contains a full version of Sonix.)

Look to the file 'Example' on the Sonix disk for an explanation of how to use Sonix files in your own tunes.