Isometric Graphics using 3:1 Aspect ratio

The Oric video chip is not an easy beast to master, so any trick or method that allows to achieve nice visual results is welcome. Don't hesitate to comment (nicely) other people tricks and pictures :)
Twilighte
Game master

Post by Twilighte »

Joint projects are the way to go to deliver the best in quality, playability and what people really want.

What you expect or want is something i cannot provide alone. Its the way to go to develop great games. We have done it with Space1999 and almost now with 1337 and gallons of Demos.

Ok, played a bit more this afternoon with the 3:1 isometric scene..

Notice Blue and red must reside on each alternate row. However because we are using a 3:1 aspect ratio Isometric view the Blue water border edge works very well.

Code: Select all

BBBBBB
   XXX
      BBBBBB
Last edited by Twilighte on Sun May 09, 2010 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iapetus
Flying Officer

Post by Iapetus »

:o sweet!!!
kamelito
Flying Officer

Post by kamelito »

Yeah,
very nice, but is it then possible to move "sprite" into such scene, a la Fairlight?
kml

Twilighte wrote:Joint projects are the way to go to deliver the best in quality, playability and what people really want.

What you expect or want is something i cannot provide alone. Its the way to go to develop great games. We have done it with Space1999 and almost now with 1337 and gallons of Demos.

Notice Blue and red must reside on each alternate row. However because we are using a 3:1 aspect ratio Isometric view the Blue water border edge works very well.

BBBBBB
   XXX
      BBBBBB
/kml
skype pseudo : kamelitoloveless
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

kamelito wrote:Yeah,
very nice, but is it then possible to move "sprite" into such scene, a la Fairlight?
Fairlight? a la Space:1999, I'd say
:lol:
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

Every time I see these new graphics styles I just can't believe its an Oric screen I'm looking at! :)

I played a few hours of Pulsoids last night, on the Pandora build of Oricutron .. simply rocks to have such quality software on the Oric platform at last.

Just wanted to let you guys know: you are seriously loved by this old Oric fanboix!
Twilighte
Game master

Post by Twilighte »

Thankyou Ibisum for your kind comments. They are much appreciated.

I consider myself far better at graphics than writing code. I also much more enjoy doing graphics than anything else on the Oric.
Thats some of the reason you see so much eye candy from me and so many unfinished projects. So if anyone wants to develop a game on the Oric but if afraid because of the gfx hurdle then contact me (but perhaps privately so others don't get upset that i'm not finishing projects) :P
Iapetus
Flying Officer

Post by Iapetus »

kamelito wrote:Yeah,
kml

Twilighte wrote:Joint projects are the way to go to deliver the best in quality, playability and what people really want.

BBBBBB
   XXX
      BBBBBB
I would like to know the answer to "is it then possible to move "sprite" into such scene?"

:D